Testimonials are always very nice, but perhaps the most pleasing comments we receive are from teachers who are eager to share that they are so delighted to see the joy & excitement on the faces of the more introverted & self conscious children, standing right alongside the more confident, outgoing kids...all having such a fun & rewarding time together...This is why I do what I do...
Should you require any recommendations feel free to contact any of the schools listed here:
- "Planet Rhythm is an outstanding, engaging and extremely fun performance! A well balanced combination on the history of percussion, music theory and most of all, a hands on practical experience. Our staff and students highly recommend John & the Planet Rhythm experience." - Brad Moss - Principal of St John's Lutheran Primary School, Portland VIC, 2016
- "Planet Rhythm was one of the most interactive & culturally diverse workshops that our students have taken part in. John expertly combined his passion for percussion with an approachable & humorous teaching style that had our kids fully immersed in the experience. Engaging and energetic, Planet Rhythm provided opportunities for whole school participation and was a wonderfully enjoyable learning experience." - Josh McElgun, Principal, St Joseph's School, Coleraine VIC, 2016
- "Planet Rhythm is by far one of the best performances our School has ever had the pleasure of being part of...Great performance!" - Indra Benson, Port Pirie West Primary School, Port Pirie SA, 2016
- "Our children were captivated from the moment they walked in the door. The instruments were fabulous. John’s energy was contagious and the opportunities to participate were endless. A wonderful incursion that all year levels will enjoy." - Paula Parish , St. Mary’s Primary School, Colac VIC, 2015
- "The staff and students all gave glowing feedback...even the older students were highly engaged!" - Marie Elson, Assistant Principal, Wudinna Area School SA, 2014
- "Planet Rhythm is an excellent program & John developed an excellent rapport with students in a short time... I would urge you to book Planet Rhythm." - Richard Hair, Toomelah Public School, Toomelah NSW, 2014
- "A fantastic interactive show" - Shaun Dolan (Senior Primary) St. Augustine's, Gold Coast QLD, 2014
- “I loved the performance . . . what a great entertainer”, “Fantastic student involvement” - comments collected by Simon Wood (Assistant Principal) from Teachers at Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Launceston TAS, 2015
- “The best school performance I have ever experienced” – Janette Stevens (Senior Teacher) Mission Beach State School, Mission Beach QLD
- "Planet Rhythm is an exciting, engaging and highly motivating program. John has not only developed an engaging program, his processes allow for every child to be involved and contribute to the session. John employs great strategies to keep children attentive, enthused and wanting more. Children of all ages were bubbling with energy. Planet Rhythm adds a new dimension to the music program." - Rick Sheehan, Principal, St Agnes School, Mt Gravatt QLD
- "Just like to let you know how much our students enjoyed the show. For all kids to 'have a go' was fantastic and they were all actively engaged from beginning to end. The students raved about the final ensemble! Hope to see you again." - Lou Battista, St. Brendan's Primary School, Lakes Entrance VIC, 2016
- "What can I say?!...a fabulous interactive and hands-on experience for our students and staff. The culminating activity where you had various students up to perform was nothing short of sheer excellence...thank you." Stephen Hunt, Acting Principal, Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Springsure QLD, 2015
- "It was an awesome show!"- Jo Cornwell, Assistant Principal, St Peter's Catholic Primary School, Rockhampton QLD, 2016
- "The students left the auditorium buzzing with excitement – keep up the exciting work" - Lyndal Blatch, Medowie Christian College, Medowie NSW
- The students were mesmerized from the start to the end of the workshops. It was totally engaging & hands on and the students loved it. All students, teachers and parents were deeply impressed by the end of day concert, it was amazing what came together in such a short time." - Nicholle Russell, Brookside P-9 College, Caroline Springs VIC, 2013
...and the final word from the kids themselves:
- "Best show ever!!"
- "I thought the whole workshop was Awesome"
- "It was really great that we could actually play the drums"
- "It was interesting to learn about all the different drums and where they came from"
- "I like the belly dancing drum, It was brilliant because the sound was great!"
- "I felt happy because I didn't chicken out. I got up there and I played the drums!"
- "It was really cool"
- "Heaps cool"
- "Lots of fun!"